My exam project

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Lorth

My exam project

Post by Lorth » April 19th, 2018, 3:42 pm

Hey everyone!

Now it was quite a while since i showed myself in here, but i have not forgotten everyone :)

I have spent alot of time on my last exam project, and today i finished it and sent it in for revision to my school before i have an presentation about it.

But i also wanna show it for all of you at the forum!

My project description is done in swedish, so it might be that not useful for the majority of everyone in here. but there is pictures as well on the project.

For the impatient one: press on the username "Hamnedalen" and press on the simulator button.
Your goal is to make the main propeller running.

the small checklist to reach the goal:
start the emergency engine.
connect it to the power board (MSB)
with power online, start up the other engine.
You will need fuel, lub pressure, sea pressure and air to make this happend
connect it, and start the propulsion
and keep it running for as long as possible!

!!! Also these drawings are made on my screen size (windowed 1280 x 700), and as i use an scaling function in my code, an bigger screen solutions may expand the drawings. This may cause lines and tanks and other things to look like they ain't connected. !!!

here is the bigger explanation about the exam project:

In the meny, you can choose an username. If you want to change the names, press on the user button down to the right. an .txt file will open. replace any name with another one of your choice, remember that no spaces are allowed in the username.

with the creator button, you will enter a state where you can draw different kind of machinery systems. And my exam project is that in my word document there is explanations for this, but in swedish, doh.

so the easier way is to check the username "hamnedalen". it is my own drawed systems, and also those that is used for the simulator.

the option button allows the user to shift between fullscreen and an windowed screen, also set the size of the screen. drawed systems are scaled depending on the windowed size.

!!! The user need to "save" the drawings before returning to the meny, otherwise the drawings get lost !!!

The simulator is based on the users drawings, and one of the goal of my project was to give an student instructions to make their own systems. and later on simulate them and check that they works.

would like feedback and also, if there is any question marks i am glad to assist. Hope that it is not to complicated to use, even if you don't know anything about engine room simulators.
Attachments
Release 2018-04-20.rar
The release of the project
(2.47 MiB) Downloaded 147 times
MH_exjobb_Simulator.docx
Written text document about the project in Swedish
(499.2 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Last edited by Lorth on August 23rd, 2018, 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

chili
Site Admin

Re: My exam project

Post by chili » April 21st, 2018, 10:50 am

all i get is a grey screen for the main area in the UI, no matter what subsystem I click on.
Chili

Lorth

Post by Lorth » April 22nd, 2018, 10:48 am

Did you changed the username to "Hamnedalen"?

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » April 22nd, 2018, 12:57 pm

I see the error of my ways. Will take another look at it.
Chili