Feedback on Framework 2016 - Draft

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
chili
Site Admin

Re: Feedback on Framework 2016 - Draft

Post by chili » July 1st, 2016, 12:06 am

If any of you are using the zipped solution, I should note that there was one big fix I made to the code because the endieness of the RGB part of the color was backwards. I'm still debating whether to use RGBA or BGRA btw.
Chili

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » July 1st, 2016, 4:54 am

IMO: BGRA would be my vote, it's what was used in the old framework and is compatible with Direct2D, if anyone so happens to want to use it.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » July 1st, 2016, 4:56 am

@cam, I got mine from GitHub, not the zip and it says Colors::Red, that's why I was confused. I didn't realize they were different.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

Lorth

Post by Lorth » July 16th, 2016, 3:44 pm

I get an error when i try to run the new framework...

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcpmtd.lib'

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » July 16th, 2016, 6:28 pm

Lorth wrote:I get an error when i try to run the new framework...

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcpmtd.lib'
MSDN Website wrote: The code that initializes the CRT is in one of several libraries, based on whether the CRT library is statically or dynamically linked, or native, managed, or mixed code. This code handles CRT startup, internal per-thread data initialization, and termination. It is specific to the version of the compiler used. This library is always statically linked, even when using a dynamically linked UCRT.
This table lists the libraries that implement CRT initialization and termination.
Which OS and version of Visual Studios are you using?