Beginner

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Juicy

Beginner

Post by Juicy » August 13th, 2014, 11:20 am

Hello guys, Im Juicy!, i started programming last autumn but got really into it this spring-summer.

I registered recently on the forum and have only been watching chili for about 5 months or so. but after viewing some of his beginner videos from time 2 time. (not that often) i recently started to get very interested in c++ since i have had a hard time deciding what i wanted to learn. so i know the "basics" of c++ and just started watching direct x c++ game developing by chili(beginner) so i wondered... is this to early, should i start with advanced c++ before getting into games or should i jump straight to intermediate series? after i learned some more c++ then... with kind regards // Juicy
I enjoy masturbating.

GreatJake

Re: Beginner

Post by GreatJake » August 13th, 2014, 2:06 pm

What i did was watch all of thenewbostons' C++ videos, then I watched all of Chilies videos, then during his long absence i started to get into my own project's. Thenewboston will give you an idea of what C++ can do small examples on how to use it. Chili will teach the basics of C++ but will apply it to a larger project such as a game. Chili also goes over general video game programming practices.

DeitusPrime

Post by DeitusPrime » August 13th, 2014, 10:18 pm

Welcome...

If you want to learn game programming(as well as glean a very insightful as well as in-depth overview of C/C++), then you've come to the right place. Chili's videos are the bomb, and you'll come out ahead of where you'll be if you learn from most anywhere else. (you can quote me on that)

Just keep going through em (in sequential order) ...as with most fields of learning, we'll build upon previous lessons. However, If you wanted to 'skip ahead' ...though, I wouldn't recommend it (but not necessarily oppose it either, it may be helpful, everyone does learn differently). When it comes to the The Advanced Lessons, they are more "plump-full of mathematics, vector lore and such" more the code stuff.

You'd get more out "if you just keep going ahead through the Intermediate Series" (epecially on the code-side of things), but if you want to get a peek at the 'meat' of the setup of more complex mathematical functions & algorithms than jump ahead.

Hope this helps.
Choose not to go to destruction with a taco-sauce that is bland...
Go to construction with a taco-sauce that is flavorful!!
Mwa ha ha!!

BurakCanik

Post by BurakCanik » August 14th, 2014, 12:18 am

I was gonna write some stuff. Then I read what DeitusPrime wrote. Nuff said I think :D
Just go through the tutorials in the sequantial order dude.
If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain" - Morpheus