My first game

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Wouter-k-9

My first game

Post by Wouter-k-9 » February 1st, 2014, 2:45 pm

Hello people,
I have finaly finished my first game. It is a top view wall defender kind of game. You move using the arrow keys and shoot with the space bar. In the menu you select things with the enter key. The code is very basic because i wanted to see what i can do after 22 lessons. I hope you like it and if you have any advice just let me hear.

Wouter
Attachments
Wall Defender Game.rar
(5.77 MiB) Downloaded 351 times

GreatJake

Re: My first game

Post by GreatJake » February 1st, 2014, 4:15 pm

What does enemy speed mean?

Wouter-k-9

Post by Wouter-k-9 » February 1st, 2014, 10:07 pm

GreatJake wrote:What does enemy speed mean?
the speed the enemy is going to the wall. if you upgrade that the enemy's are moving slower

MrGodin

Post by MrGodin » February 1st, 2014, 10:34 pm

And you're on your way to programming bliss :D ..
Keep up the good work
Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought him back

LuX

Post by LuX » February 2nd, 2014, 3:11 pm

Nice idea on the game. That cursor was painfully slow at the beginning. I would have liked a boost speed button. Like if you press down control your speed would be faster, but using it would also have like an upgradeable heat system so it cannot be abused. Also after upgrading the speed it becomes really hard to aim, so maybe to balance it a second button to actually slow down the speed which also would more rapidly decrease the movement heat.

I'd also have liked mouse control in the menu. But nicely done anyways.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

Wouter-k-9

Post by Wouter-k-9 » February 2nd, 2014, 3:57 pm

LuX wrote:Nice idea on the game. That cursor was painfully slow at the beginning. I would have liked a boost speed button. Like if you press down control your speed would be faster, but using it would also have like an upgradeable heat system so it cannot be abused. Also after upgrading the speed it becomes really hard to aim, so maybe to balance it a second button to actually slow down the speed which also would more rapidly decrease the movement heat.

I'd also have liked mouse control in the menu. But nicely done anyways.
Thanks LuX for your idea's. That the cursor at the beginning is moving so slow is on purpose to make the game not to easy. The idea of a boost button and a slowdown button i like and i will add those features soon. The mouse control will be later added due to a shortage of time.