Space Shooter Game

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Crimsonvolt

Space Shooter Game

Post by Crimsonvolt » December 7th, 2013, 5:34 am

Hello everyone, I am very excited to learn how to make video games. I have watched Chili's videos up to beginner episode 14 and I want to make a space shooter game.

I want to know if there is a way to show the scoreboard mid game as it increases so that people can see their score more easily.

Thank you everyone.

Game:

Arrow keys to move, Enter to shoot, Space to restart the game.
The damage taken is dependent on the size of the block and having the ship get hit hurts more.
As the block gets smaller it moves faster and is harder to hit.
For now it takes 5 shots to kill a block.

Changes:

1.Made an easier one as the first seemed too hard.

2.Now up to B. Lesson 19 and added a score system. Cleaned the code a little. Removed the charge
shot.
Attachments
Space Shooter[Remake#1].zip
The easy one with a scoreboard.
(71.08 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
Space Shooter Test.zip
This is the harder one.
(55.31 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Last edited by Crimsonvolt on December 11th, 2013, 11:26 am, edited 5 times in total.

TonkoD

Re: Space Shooter Game

Post by TonkoD » December 7th, 2013, 10:59 am

Your game is nice! I like the idea and the way you made it even though you have a lot less options at this level in the tutorials. One thing I noticed is the game always starts with the same enemy position, maybe you can change that. Also it's a little too hard to hit the smallest enemies when they're near you. Despite those things it's a good game, well done!

LuX

Post by LuX » December 7th, 2013, 11:31 am

Nice idea. The enemies move a bit fast when they get slow, but none the less fun.

And yes, please reupload your project after cleaning it properly. You can use the cleaner batch file to do this, which can be found in the read this first post. It will make the upload 1000x smaller and won't waste precious space. Better do it before chili sees... He will slap your face for it.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

thetoddfather

Post by thetoddfather » December 7th, 2013, 6:22 pm

That's really cool. Do the bullets do less damage as they shrink? Or is that just for show?

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » December 9th, 2013, 3:00 pm

Nice game crimson keep up the good work! As for the score system, wait until you get further in the lessons and there will be a lesson (or two actually) that cover that topic.
Chili