Kim Peek - The Real Rain Man

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Cavemanross

Kim Peek - The Real Rain Man

Post by Cavemanross » November 19th, 2013, 10:45 pm

Here is my interactive book report I made for class. I incorporate a lot of the techniques learned through the beginner lessons.

Thanks Chili for all you have taught me. I have actually had dreams about you from listening to your videos so much.
Attachments
kimpeekNOSOUND.zip
(3.63 MiB) Downloaded 284 times

Cavemanross

Re: Kim Peek - The Real Rain Man

Post by Cavemanross » November 19th, 2013, 10:47 pm

p.s.

I commented out the portions where I included sound. I recorded little skits of the dialogues, but the .wav files are too big for the purposes of uploading to the forum. Also I cannot get the sound files to play more than 5 seconds or so. I'm searching for a way to allow for the whole thing to play.

With the code commented out, you can at least see how I incorporated the sound files to play.

Cavemanross

Post by Cavemanross » November 19th, 2013, 10:48 pm

Another bug I'm searching for an answer to. I haven't had much time to brain storm yet. When you click on an overlapping button it will click the button behind it. If you click fast enough you can get by this problem, but it does need to be fixed. Any ideas are welcome, although hopefully I figure it out first!

LuX

Post by LuX » November 19th, 2013, 11:48 pm

Looks nice.

The button thing, you mean when you are for example at the beginning and hold down on the top "welcome" button it will flash between it and the home screen? You need to do the page flip, or what ever you wanna call, it during mouse up instead of down ( eg. when the mouse changes from being pressed down to released ). This way the program will only trigger the buttons once per click.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ