[UPDATE] AVRO 0.2.9 - The Jet Fighter Game. TheToddfather

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
GreatJake

Re: Avro 0.1.5 - Jet Fighter Game. MISSION ONE DONEish

Post by GreatJake » December 5th, 2013, 2:34 am

I LOVE the sounds in the game it really adds to the atmosphere! I can't wait to see the final product!

thetoddfather

Re: Avro 0.1.5 - Jet Fighter Game. MISSION ONE DONEish

Post by thetoddfather » December 5th, 2013, 3:27 am

Pindrough, the bullets do effect the trucks. There's a sound effect for it too. But the trucks have HP when it comes to bullets, so it takes about 10 hits to dismantle it. No graphics for a bullet ridden truck yet though. And I will be adding a health bar above each truck. Put those headphones on and crank it! you'll hear the bullets ringing off the trucks versus the ground.

The ground speed thing is a framerate thing I believe. Not sure. If it's lagging a bit, take it out of fullscreen as there is a large fps hit for some reason when you go fs. Hope you had some fun!

GreatJake, thanks bro, I spend wayyyyy too much time finding the right sounds/music for my stuff. Crazy how something that would lose your interest in 20 seconds can pull you right in if the sound is there. I need a sfx/bgm team tho lol

thetoddfather

Re: Avro 0.1.6 - Jet Fighter Game. Image Scaler.

Post by thetoddfather » December 6th, 2013, 12:06 am

Scaling Algorithm is in and working!

chili
Site Admin

Re: Avro 0.1.6 - Jet Fighter Game. Image Scaler.

Post by chili » December 6th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Yeah, I added the sound capabilities to the framework just a fun like extra for the board members, but it was never something I was serious about or gave much thought. But playing some of the games you guys have made over the months (almost years now!) I realize that sound is super important for the feel of the game.
Chili

thetoddfather

Re: Avro 0.1.6-CB - Jet Fighter Game. Carpet Bombing Edition

Post by thetoddfather » December 7th, 2013, 1:21 am

Carpet bomb edition. Ton of bombs and your avionics are upgraded so you see your enemy on the minimap. Makes for some fun high-altitude bombing runs. Note how the sound is different for high altitude detonations.

Pindrought

Post by Pindrought » December 7th, 2013, 4:02 am

Like the fact that you can see your type of weapon/ammo and the increased bombs XD
Keep it up man
PM me if you need to contact me. Thanks to all the helpful people on this forum especially to Chili.

Senekina

Avro 0 1 6 CB Jet Fighter Game Carpet Bombing Edition

Post by Senekina » December 7th, 2013, 3:30 pm

That is old news. The common opinion of those who tracked the project is that its vapourware if not a scam all together.

Fighter Ops has been around for years and not a single video of a playable build was ever shown. Instead there was promises of the greatest sim ever and the mysterious Area 51 to get money from naive enthusiasts.
подробная информация на тему уролог для женщин, уролог клиника[/url] - популярные материалы о посоветуйте уролога в москве современная-урология.рф

thetoddfather

Post by thetoddfather » December 7th, 2013, 6:18 pm

Huh?

Natories

Post by Natories » December 7th, 2013, 8:29 pm

Don't worry too much, TheToddFather, I didn't get it either... lol

LuisR14

Post by LuisR14 » December 8th, 2013, 12:13 am

heh, could be spam post, didn't get it either xD
always available, always on, about ~10 years c/c++, java[script], win32/directx api, [x]html/css/php/some asp/sql experience. (all self taught)
Knows English, Spanish and Japanese.
[url=irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili]irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili[/url] [url=irc://luisr14.no-ip.org/#pchili]alt[/url] -- join up if ever want real-time help or to just chat :mrgreen: --