A Gift For You, in order to show our support!

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
bobloblaw

A Gift For You, in order to show our support!

Post by bobloblaw » October 16th, 2013, 6:26 pm

I've been thinking of doing this for some time and now I have it. The idea was to create a Splash Screen or Advertising screen where the engines logo appears so one would know what engine powered the game. Since Chili has taken his time crafting the framework we are all tootaling around with, I present to you what I am going to be loading before the Title Screen known as the Splash Screen, I invite and welcome you to do the same. The image is .png( I've been told we can now load them in the latest framework ), 400px by 400px, and has a transparent background so you can make it whatever color you like. Enjoy!

-bob'o
ChiliLogo.png
ChiliLogo.png (88.81 KiB) Viewed 2070 times
Here for your Artistic needs, Pixel or Vector I love it all. Check it out - Click Me

LuX

Re: A Gift For You, in order to show our support!

Post by LuX » October 16th, 2013, 9:16 pm

Looks pretty sweet. Nice work.
I can already imagine that being animated so that a glow flies through from one side to the other casting the shadow of the text and making the tomato glow...

What painting software do you usually use for your stuff?
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

bobloblaw

Post by bobloblaw » October 16th, 2013, 10:48 pm

LuX wrote:Looks pretty sweet. Nice work. I can already imagine that being animated...
...What painting software do you use?
Thank you very much LuX, means a lot coming from you. If you haven't noticed you are held in pretty high regard around here.

I mainly use Adobe Flash for vector art and then take it into Adobe Photoshop to render to it's final file format. I've been working with Flash since it was still owned by Macromedia so that's where my interest in making games came from :D

These days you can do vector art in almost anything, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Gimp ( OpenSource ), Paint even has a basic form of it now.
Here for your Artistic needs, Pixel or Vector I love it all. Check it out - Click Me

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » October 17th, 2013, 3:58 am

I am digging this logo. Thanks bobo, you've made my day.

When can we expect to see your space shooter? :)
Chili