Authors name...

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Syncan

Authors name...

Post by Syncan » August 29th, 2013, 1:43 pm

Everytime I scan my computer on virusses Hitman Pro says my projects are virusses because the Authors Name is missing.

Where and how can I add my authors name in projects in Microsoft Visual C++ express 2010?

Syncan

Re: Authors name...

Post by Syncan » August 30th, 2013, 10:23 am

Hmm... seems to be a difficult question? ;)

joelyboy94

Post by joelyboy94 » August 30th, 2013, 10:30 am

Can you not create an exception of sorts on your virus protection software which allows your projects to run?

Syncan

Post by Syncan » August 30th, 2013, 10:42 am

I can still run the projects, but if I do a scan it detects that my project has no author's name and considers it as virus.

LuisR14

Post by LuisR14 » August 30th, 2013, 10:32 pm

didn't post earlier heh, so here goes
you just add it to the VERSIONINFO resource in the .rc file (or edit the .res file to include it lol)
example in .rc of a project i code:

Code: Select all

VS_VERSION_INFO VERSIONINFO
BEGIN
    BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
    BEGIN
        BLOCK "040904b0"                    <-- 0409 english, 04b0 unicode (just look up the values in MS dev center)
        BEGIN
            VALUE "CompanyName", "pchat-irc.com"                           <-- author name lol
            VALUE "FileDescription", "PChat IRC Client"
            VALUE "InternalName", "PChat.exe"
            VALUE "LegalCopyright", "Copyright (C) 2009-2011 PChat Team"
            VALUE "OriginalFilename", "PChat.exe"
            VALUE "ProductName", "PChat"
        END
    END
    BLOCK "VarFileInfo"
    BEGIN
        VALUE "Translation", 0x409, 1200             <-- 0x409 same as above, 1252 ansi (but i had 1200 in this project rc that i made lol)
    END
END
always available, always on, about ~10 years c/c++, java[script], win32/directx api, [x]html/css/php/some asp/sql experience. (all self taught)
Knows English, Spanish and Japanese.
[url=irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili]irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili[/url] [url=irc://luisr14.no-ip.org/#pchili]alt[/url] -- join up if ever want real-time help or to just chat :mrgreen: --

Syncan

Post by Syncan » August 30th, 2013, 11:41 pm

Thank you Luis, but there is one problem: In the project is no resource file, just like the framework from chili.
Maybe I overlook something but right-clicking or double-clicking on the resource-map does not bring it on screen.
Or should I do this outside the Visual Studio Express? ( I do NOT have the bought version, just the express-version, maybe that has to do with it ).

LuisR14

Post by LuisR14 » August 31st, 2013, 1:01 am

well the chili framework doesn't come with a .rc file, but it does have a .res file, so you can resedit that to include the versioninfo stuff
or you can just create a .rc file and link it to the project :)
always available, always on, about ~10 years c/c++, java[script], win32/directx api, [x]html/css/php/some asp/sql experience. (all self taught)
Knows English, Spanish and Japanese.
[url=irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili]irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili[/url] [url=irc://luisr14.no-ip.org/#pchili]alt[/url] -- join up if ever want real-time help or to just chat :mrgreen: --

Syncan

Post by Syncan » August 31st, 2013, 7:39 pm

You mean by resedit, change it with the resedit prog? Tried it and it can change the version, but not the author, as far as I can see. I moved in your version info.
Is that some kind of meta-language?

Asimov

Post by Asimov » August 31st, 2013, 11:37 pm

Hi,

I use Avast virus checker, and you can go into the settings and get it to ignore a folder. So what I do is make it ignore the folder where I compile to. No problems at all.
----> Asimov
"You know no matter how much I think I have learnt. I always end up hitting brick walls"
http://www.asimoventerprises.co.uk

Syncan

Post by Syncan » September 1st, 2013, 9:05 am

Asimov wrote:Hi,

I use Avast virus checker, and you can go into the settings and get it to ignore a folder. So what I do is make it ignore the folder where I compile to. No problems at all.
True, and I know most virusscanners can do that, but the reason I want the author's name and version number in the resource file is in case I write a commercial application. In that case you don't want to see that a client thinks he bought something with a virus. Is bad for my name as programmer, even if it is no virus.