A simple game

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Radix

A simple game

Post by Radix » May 28th, 2013, 5:13 am

Hello

Wanted to share a simple game I made. It is largely based on the Poo-dodging game of Lesson 14... with a few modifications here and there.

The code is not sexy ... but it works lol.

Cheers =)

Also, the following design for the sprites come from here (http://games.mochiads.com/c/g/nyan-cat-fly/screen4.jpg ), the rest I made myself.

And hold space to move faster.
Attachments
nyandog3.png
nyandog3.png (322 Bytes) Viewed 3803 times
Chili DirectX Framework-NyanRemix2.rar
(45.64 KiB) Downloaded 297 times

LuisR14

Re: A simple game

Post by LuisR14 » May 30th, 2013, 11:15 pm

haha cool, nyan cat stuff :-p
always available, always on, about ~10 years c/c++, java[script], win32/directx api, [x]html/css/php/some asp/sql experience. (all self taught)
Knows English, Spanish and Japanese.
[url=irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili]irc://irc.freenode.net/#pchili[/url] [url=irc://luisr14.no-ip.org/#pchili]alt[/url] -- join up if ever want real-time help or to just chat :mrgreen: --

Syncan

Post by Syncan » May 31st, 2013, 10:01 am

That's a lot of putpixels! Did you write that all by hand or did you use some kind of tool to generate them?

Radix

Post by Radix » May 31st, 2013, 3:58 pm

Syncan wrote:That's a lot of putpixels! Did you write that all by hand or did you use some kind of tool to generate them?
Yeah I did =) A bit too much time on my hands, I used Excel though (it made it way easier cause you can use some simple formulas (specifically CTRL+F, concatenate, and abs reference) to do it in a reasonable amount of time).

However, Lux made an image converter! Check it out if you want to save time on hand coding. http://www.planetchili.net/forum/viewto ... ?f=3&t=991

Syncan

Post by Syncan » May 31st, 2013, 5:26 pm

Interesting... thank you :)

I understand that there will be a lesson to load bmp's from a file. I am at lesson 13 now, so I wait patiently until that's explained by Chili.

Liam

Post by Liam » June 10th, 2013, 12:07 pm

This is a great use of what we have learnt so far. Maybe an end game image would help, got confused for a bit when the cake disappeared. The toilet is always good.
But other than that great use. Hope to see more from you.

Liam
Liam
My name is Liam, I am a teenager and I am in love with computers.