game-framework conflict

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
viruskiller

game-framework conflict

Post by viruskiller » July 29th, 2012, 8:01 am

i'm playing a game called continent of the ninth,and it has an app that has video recording,frame monitoring and other stuff,this is shown in the hiden icons window after i start the game and it stay's there.

anyway the point is whenever i have this application started and trying to run any project made with chili's framework it give's me an error
"First-chance exception at 0x7789f9d2 in Chili DirectX Framework.exe: 0xC0000008: An invalid handle was specified."

now i just wana know is it that game launcher doing some kinky stuff behind the sceen's or is just some protection implemented in chili's framework.

BrokenBackspaceKey

Re: game-framework conflict

Post by BrokenBackspaceKey » July 31st, 2012, 3:18 am

There is some discussion on this topic at -->

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 22a6053ee6

My guess is that both programs are trying to use a resource by the same name or handle, and there is no exception handling to access the resource by a different name thereby making it a different instance, or different object. This is just a guess, because I really don't know for sure.

<-- Backspace

chili
Site Admin

Re: game-framework conflict

Post by chili » July 31st, 2012, 3:51 am

Never seen that one before... there is no protection but there might be some conflict in accessing the hardware.

P.S. Hey backspace, welcome aboard bro!
Chili