new project started!

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
viruskiller

Re: new project started!

Post by viruskiller » July 24th, 2012, 9:01 pm

here's the last build of the snake clone:D ,i didn't spend time to add sprites to it or scoreboard and other stuff,all i wanted to code was the game mechanics, and i think i did a good job so far considering
that it only creates new data for the head and deletes it from the tail of the snake,the middle object remain unchanged:),also this is my first attempt to code a linked list and also doing it with loops:)
Chili DirectX Framework V12.04.24 (SFX).zip
(49.3 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » July 25th, 2012, 11:40 am

Good job getting your linked list to work. If you could get it to work without having the Game object access the data members of the Sqr class, that would be even better. ;)
Chili

viruskiller

Post by viruskiller » July 25th, 2012, 5:39 pm

i don't wanna bother with that yet,i don't know the exact use for private and public stuff,so until i found out why we need that i'll just make it all public:).
hope we get into OOP soon after u present the framework so i get a better understanding of the reasoning of separating everything with groups of objects that share a characteristic and going beyond that and make stuff private to anything else that should not use the stuff,even creating new stuff to use the stuff so the main stuff can't touch it :x ,anyway before i go raging i better get back to my infinite patience and maybe code some other stuff for a while :lol:
my leading concept is "i don't care how it must be done if i know why it must be like that",and even then i', still questioning the method :lol:

anyway cheer's and keep on getting us the tutorials :D ,u're doing a great job chili,i never been so attracted to programming before i saw your tutorials,so far i plan to clone all the games in the brick blok gaming console http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUcxD9_6eiM,well atleast a good share of them:),they shouldn't be that hard after all of they run on that console lol