Work in Progress

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
chili
Site Admin

Re: Work in Progress

Post by chili » August 30th, 2012, 10:41 am

Check out my thread titled "Physics System Source" and look for the last solution that I uploaded. It should work on your comp.
Chili

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » March 13th, 2016, 8:24 am

chili wrote:Added sound. Hard to get the intensity and panning right because they're on a logarithmic scale. Sounds kinda meh when there's a lot on the screen, but it's kinda cool when there's just a few. The blur effect is sweet with solid blue balls though.

P.S. You guys wanna see the source to this beast? ;)

It's old I know, and probably on your dead HD, but do you by chance have the source code still? You seem to use SSE 4.1, which sadly, my Phenom II doesn't support. I will upgrade soon, ie next year lol, when the AMD Zen architecture comes out, as long as my current CPU holds out any way. If not, I have an AMD A10-7870K which does support SSE 4.1, so I have options for holding out even if my current CPU dies.

Still, if you have the source, I'd like to take a peek.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

albinopapa

Post by albinopapa » March 13th, 2016, 8:34 am

Never mind, it seems I found the thread you posted it in.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com