First Game and a Question

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
SemisentientGoat

First Game and a Question

Post by SemisentientGoat » July 10th, 2012, 4:38 pm

This is my first game, any suggestions for improvement would be appreciated, and I was also wondering about the .exe files in the debug and release folders. With earlier games like the tic-tac-toe game they .exe files would work and play the game but anything after that would not work on my computer, including my game. Does any one know what goes on that is different on those .exe files than in VS? I would like to be able to show it to people who do not want to bother installing VS.

BTW
The controls on the game are:
WSAD - for movement
X - Sprint
Space - Shoot
Enter + up - save
Enter + down - load
T - record
G - play back
Enter - reset

And the red circles are the dudes lines of sight, and a warning if you are homophobic you might not want to play this game... :twisted:
Attachments
My Game.zip
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 305 times

LuX

Re: First Game and a Question

Post by LuX » July 11th, 2012, 10:57 am

There is nothing wrong with the debug files, just remember to add all the files to the same location, as the framework attempts to find the needed files from the location it's set to search them. In this case from "its" location. (images and sounds)

Sometimes the .exe in the debug folder wont update properly, so you might want to use the release version of it.

The replay stuff was a pretty nice touch.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » July 11th, 2012, 11:36 am

That sound scared the crap out of me.
Chili

SemisentientGoat

Post by SemisentientGoat » July 11th, 2012, 10:44 pm

Thanks, Lux, that was the problem. And Chili don't get a heart attack; these tutorials must continue!