new update of a new thing .. lol

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
MrGodin

new update of a new thing .. lol

Post by MrGodin » October 12th, 2015, 4:51 pm

This is an example of how i am using the grid system.
Left click to select, right click to plot a spot for moving
The camera is currently tied to object with the index of 0. The plan is to scroll camera with mouse.
Am working on separation between objects while moving
I compiled in visual studio 2015 using Direct2D. Built with d1d2.h so it should run on most machines. and a multithreaded Dll build
Attachments
Tanks.rar
(2.02 MiB) Downloaded 150 times
Curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought him back

albinopapa

Re: new update of a new thing .. lol

Post by albinopapa » October 12th, 2015, 5:54 pm

Works fine for me in Win 10. Looks good so far. Some of the units seem to backtrack a tile when first deployed. Hopefully, you will make it so that the units stay selected instead of getting deselected after sending them to target tile.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

MrGodin

Post by MrGodin » October 12th, 2015, 6:20 pm

Funny you should mention that. I implemented the obj to set the tile its on to be a barrier. I have fixed that bug since i uploaded it lol. i caught it right away. Ohh well, one of those things.
As far as deselecting, i have to right now because i have a vector container holding the selected objects and i then run through that list to set paths ect, once done i clear the list and any selected objects gets its selected value set to false.
I will address that by making obj groups and assigning then into a group list

Pindrought

Post by Pindrought » October 13th, 2015, 8:39 am

Cool stuff man. Did you make the sprites yourself? If so, what did you use to make them?
PM me if you need to contact me. Thanks to all the helpful people on this forum especially to Chili.

MrGodin

Post by MrGodin » October 13th, 2015, 1:49 pm

Yeah, i just used an old version of Paint Shop Pro to make the sprites. Art isn't my thing, but i get by i suppose lol

MrGodin

Post by MrGodin » October 14th, 2015, 12:59 am

Oh and Pindrought, long time no see.. Hows the server/client stuff working out ? still doing that ?.
Peace Out

Pindrought

Post by Pindrought » October 16th, 2015, 10:06 am

MrGodin wrote:Oh and Pindrought, long time no see.. Hows the server/client stuff working out ? still doing that ?.
Peace Out
I haven't been doing much in C++, i've mostly been working and that is all boring C#/RPG4 stuff. I really want to get back on this board and try to get active in the community. When i've been checking on the board recently it seems a bit dead compared to previously.

I've been wanting to work on making better tutorials for the server/client stuff and posting up on here. I think it would be nice if we had tutorials over topics that Chili doesn't cover just to have the most information available to the members of the forum. I need to get back into watching Chili's tuts too. I stopped for a while because I wasn't grasping all of the information so there was no point in proceeding.
PM me if you need to contact me. Thanks to all the helpful people on this forum especially to Chili.